Energy Healing Tips for Clutter
Ready to get things moving in the new year? Are you feeling extremely stuck in life right now? Are you looking for life advancement, and instead you’ve been feeling passionless, tired or just having a hard time moving forward with work or relationships? Clutter is often the number one reason why you might be having difficulty making forward momentum in life.
Clutter affects the energy in your space as well as your mental space. It impacts your ability to focus and process information. Neuroscientists at Princeton University found that physical objects lying around create a “visual stimuli” which competes for your attention (creating a distraction). Of course this results in decreased performance and increased stress. Other researches at UCLA found that stress hormones spike when people have to deal with their belongings lying around.
So why do we keep all this stuff?
It starts with consumerism and buying things we think we need. The stuff doesn’t get thrown out because we think we might need it someday. Then we find a hidden place to store the stuff, and it gets forgotten about. And then when you need it, it can’t be found, so you have to buy what you need when you need it! For some, the situation is much worse and it becomes difficult with parting with possessions (hoarding).
The clutter affects our physical and emotional health, making it difficult to relax and causing feelings of guilt. But even worse, the “stuff” holds energy, and when it is not being used, it starts to create old, stagnant energy. If you are holding onto old items from past relationships, circumstances, or work, it can reflect in your life as problems.
Energy Healing Tips for Clutter
- Allow yourself to be drawn to a space in your home or at work.
- Sit with the items in that space and dig deeper emotionally by bringing attention to the items. Acknowledge the items and recognize what is there. You might find old pictures of old relationships. Maybe you’ll find old documents tied to work. Spend some time with these items and reflect on where things aren’t moving forward in those areas of your life today.
- Decide what items to get rid of, which to donate and which to keep. A tip for releasing old negative energy in your life is to release items directly connected to those aspects in your life.
- Have a ceremony to get rid of the items. For example, burn old letters. Break things (in a safe way) that might be holding old memories. Give or recycle items that need a new home and can be re-purposed and appreciated.
- Meditate upon what you do what and state out loud what you would like to come into your life. Write it down in a journal using positive words. Visualize it and feel what it would feel like to have it as a part of your life.
If you would like to learn more about energy healing for clutter, check out this free energy healing session. It includes a meditation to help with identifying where you might be holding onto things. Discover how to release what no longer serves you and bring in more of what will bring you peace and joy. Go here for the energy healing for clutter meditation.
Much love to you as you release the old and move forward into the new!