Heart Cord Clearing
If you are feeling pulled by negative or old toxic relationships, learn how a heart cord clearing can help you step into your joy and feel your true self!
If you are aware of the 7 basic chakras, then you know the heart is a main energy center in the body which provides us with joy and our sense of true self. When there is an emotional entanglement from a past relationship, it can create a cord or energetic attachment which can negatively affect your well-being. Even if there has been a physical separation, you may still experience strong emotions and then operate from that place of distortion. There is a way to sever these unhealthy energy cords by doing a heart cord clearing.
The heart chakra is connected to our ability to access our pure joy and sense of self. When it is blocked or bound by energetic cords, the energy in this area becomes disrupted and stagnant. It can manifest in the body with physical symptoms such as heart ache and chest pain. And it may create heavy feelings such as a sense of longing, anger, or sadness. In this article, we’re going to explore the reasons why energetic cords form between people in relationships and how you can do energy work to heal this area through a heart cord clearing.
What a Heart Cord May Cause
- Repeating unhealthy patterns
- Going back to the past
- Thinking about reconciliation
- Becoming apathetic or giving up on love
- Feeling stuck and not able to move forward or break free or break away
- Having a hard time moving on
- Having a hard time trusting
- Unsure how to give and receive
- Feeling worthless, damaged, hopeless, or desperate
Location of Heart Chakra
The heart chakra is located in the chest area. This energy center is not located where the actual heart organ resides, but rather it is in the center of the chest area. It is multidimensional, meaning it occupies space; picture a sphere encompassing the front of the chest, all the way to the back going through the spine and shoulders. Because of it’s location, it relates to the cardiac system as well as the lungs.
The chakra itself shows up as a spinning wheel of energy and is considered the fourth chakra counting up from the bottom chakras. It is central to our being and is considered our bridge between the Earthly realm and the Spiritual Realm.
Reasons Why Cords May Form in the Heart Chakra
Cords in the heart chakra can manifest with both physical and emotional symptoms. Here are some reasons why cords may form in the the heart chakra:
- You were exposed to a negative or toxic relationship
- You experienced verbal abuse, judgement or criticism- at work or at home
- You became dependent in a relationship
- You gave up your identity for a relationship
- You became something you are not for someone else
- You gave up doing things you loved for the sake of others
- You always go along with what your mate wants
- You need advice from others; you have to have their opinion
- You are putting yourself down or criticizing yourself
- You give more than you receive or don’t receive at all
- You need a mate to feel loved
- You need other’s approval
- You feel you need to help or save others
- You can’t let go
What May Manifest from a Heart Cord
- Dreaming of a past relationship
- Heart ache, chest pain, heavy feeling in the heart, hole in the heart feeling
- Constant longing for love
- Feeling pulled in relationship
- No joy, no happiness or sense of self
- Over compensating, accommodating, over giving
- Feeling angry, frustrated, pain, regret
- Feeling the other persons pains
- Constantly thinking about the other person
Heart Chakra and True Self Emergence
When the heart chakra is clear and energetically activated, it allows us to access our gift of integration and connection. This chakra helps us to be connected as a human being living on Earth as well as being connected to the divine at the same time. Think of the energy of the Earth rising up and meeting the energy of the divine in your heart center. Why is it important to have a connection to both? Because you are a human bringing in ideas and inspiration. And when these two energies converge in the heart, you can activate your true purpose with joy. The heart represents the emotion of joy, so when it is balanced and clear, the result will be a feeling of joy.
When heart cords exist, it often creates an imbalance. Suddenly, we are living through the energy of someone else. Instead of relying on our direct connection to Source and our purpose on Earth, when heart cords exist, we may feel like we are living for others. And this of course is not a balanced way to live. It’s important to note here that you can still do things for others, but do them because it makes your heart happy. There needs to be a balance of discernment and compassion at the same time.
When the heart chakra is clear you will feel centered, positive, uplifted and true to yourself. This energy center offers you the ability to give and receive in a healthy way. With a heart cord clearing, you will feel open and accepting. It allows you to be present in your relationships and honor your true self. You can be kind with healthy boundaries.
On a spiritual level, people who meditate or connect to Source will often experience heart openings naturally. They will feel more expanded and called to release attachments. This can feel confusing at first, especially if you are in a relationship. Many people end up bailing on their mates because they suddenly emerge into their true self and can’t see it fitting in with their new paradigm. With time and training, you can learn to cultivate love in a healthy way with your mate. It is possible and can mean amazing growth if both are willing.
While I’m not a medical doctor, I do suggest trying energy work on the heart chakra and doing a heart cord clearing if you have been experiencing a blockage in this area. For one, energy work is free if you do it on yourself or have a friend help. If the symptoms persist, always have them checked by a medical doctor.
If you are experiencing an awakening or opening of the heart, then I would suggest speaking to an experienced spiritual counselor to help you sort out your new gift. Many energy workers experience this in the beginning of their journey, and they don’t know how to handle all the changes. You will experience tremendous spiritual growth as you work with the heart chakra and a heart cord clearing is really the first step to ensuring you are starting from a pure place.
Ways to Perform a Heart Cord Clearing
- Sitting in quiet meditation- meditation often allows these energy centers to clear naturally. As you meditate, place your focus on your chest area and remain quiet. Breathe deeply and calmly as the breath is directly connected to this chakra region.
- Place your hands over your heart area by hovering your hand just a few inches away. Quietly focus on your heart/chest and your hands. This is considered energy work and doing this can activate and awaken this energy center. If you have never experienced energy healing and would like to, try this energy exercise. As you sit and hover your hands over your chest, simply notice what happens. Become aware of how the energy is moving or what it is doing. Your hands might become warm. You might feel tingling in your hands or heart area. You might feel something. Just notice what happens. This awareness is the key.
- Picture yourself pulling the other person’s cord from your heart and then plug it into Source. Picture your own cord being plugged directly into Source.
- Chanting- Chant a soothing mantra or one word such as “love” or “light.” Feel the humming in your chest as you chant.
- Crystals- wearing crystals around the heart chakra can have a healing effect.
- Light meditation to keep your heart cleared- Close your eyes and imagine white light flowing all around your chest. Picture this light flowing into your heart, lungs, breasts and upper back and filling up this space. Picture this light totally healing and purifying the heart chakra and feel this energy center glow.
- Sit in nature to keep your heart balanced- there is nothing more healing than going into nature and allowing nature to take negative energy from you. Find a creek of running water or sit with your back up against a tree or lay on a beach near the ocean. Allow yourself to relax and picture the cord releasing from you and the energy dissolving into the Earth.
Please share your experience with the energy healing technique for the heart chakra clearing below. If you are interested in learning more about energy healing, sign up for updates here or contact me for a personal session.
Lots of love,